Sanando aims to collect non-expired medicines and redistribute them to people in need.
In 2010 our founder Milagros Ramírez collected and distributed prescription drugs to 6th year students of Vargas Medical School of the Central University of Venezuela, to help them with their residency training, specially those moving to the Delta Amacuro state.
Thanks to this experience, and encouraged by the increasing scarcity of medicines, she decided to dedicate full-time to helping others through the Sanando Foundation.
In 2012 we launched a social media campaign to encourage donations, our motto was:
“Do not let your medications expire… Make a donation and help us to help others.”
We Aim To
- Collect non-expired medications
- Redistribute them to people in need
- Provide primary care for free
Why We Do It
- Help in emergency situations
- Mitigate medical drugs shortage affecting families worldwide
- Lowering costs for the state by encouraging people to help others